Thursday, May 10, 2012

Week 18-Uplifting

I don't blog about overcoming struggles because I want to be repetitive or focus only on one subject. It's because life IS a constant struggle, a constant test. Every single day in one way or another, we are faced with moments that we need strength and faith for. When we get through one trial, another will eventually enter our life. No one gets a free pass. No one gets to sail through. We are given the wonderful opportunity to continually progress and develop ourselves and that is all contingent on the things we have to go through.

Lately, I love looking up inspirational quotes. I love surrounding myself with things that are uplifting. I have a whole folder full of them. Each tackling different subjects. These are ones that I feel will never age and will always be applicable to life in general and they provide me with peace and inspiration.








Jacob 3:1 – 2
“BUT behold, I, Jacob, would speak unto you that are pure in heart. Look unto God with firmness of mind, and pray unto him with exceeding faith, and he will console you in your afflictions, and he will plead your cause.....
“O all ye that are pure in heart, lift up your heads and receive the pleasing word of God, and feast upon his love; for ye may, if your minds are firm, forever."
***
Elder Robert D. Hales said,
“Each of us must go through certain experiences to become more like our Savior. In the school of mortality, the tutor is often pain and tribulation, but the lessons are meant to refine and bless us and strengthen us, not to destroy us”
(Ensign, May 2003, 17).
***
"When the Japanese mend broken objects, they aggrandize the damage by filling the cracks with gold. They believe that when something's suffered damage and has a history it becomes more beautiful."
~Barbara Bloom
And probably one of my favorites...

Here are some of the sites I find uplifting inspiration from:

( I have a badge link on my sidebar for this)

(the badge on my sidebar won't work so I took it off)



And of course, anything on www.LDS.org because the endless list of talks from our prophets and leaders are nothing less than inspirational.

I'm so grateful that my Heavenly Father blessed my life by allowing me to be here during a time where inspiration, uplifting messages and anything gospel related are available at my fingertips because of technology. It is truly a blessing in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment