Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Week 14-Time Out For Women

It's hard to write a 2nd post about my experience at Time Out For Women. So first of all I will share the link to my post on my family blog in case you'd like to check that out.

But this experience was much needed, much longed for, and much AWAITED!! I have wanted to attend for years and even though I had to go through a few hoops and 178ish miles, it was everything I dreamed it would be and everything I needed.

I didn't go this year expecting answers of any kind...even though I have a list of of things I need answers to or help with. I just needed to be inspired, uplifted, distracted and humbled. It truly was the type of "Time Out" I needed right now.

I took away so many spiritually uplifting and educating thoughts (10 pages worth). But the overall theme was "Seek The Good". And since the event, I have truly sought to put some of the unnecessary things in my life on the backburner to make room to put my heart into the good things in my life. To be more forgiving, repentive, faithful. And most importantly, to turn my fears and shortcomings outward and focus on others like Christ would. Doing so, truly lifts me up and helps me feel closer to my Savior so that I feel the strength I need to climb my own mountains.
 Here are a couple quotes I really took to heart:

~When you're down and feeling like you're at the end, you're being prepared for things you can't yet see-you're being molded and refined in the meantime.
(I have faith that whatever my trials are right now, that one day I WILL be understand why and I WILL be grateful for the person they turned me into)

~Unless you're living the gospel with ALL of your heart, you cannot push back the darkness
(I can say with all of my heart that this is real and true. And I know that if I don't continue to ALWAYS arm myself completely that darkness can settle into my life, and I will never let that into my life again, in any form)

~Goodness is best measured by how well an individual responds to the happenings in life that appear to be totally unfair, unreasonable and undeserved.
(Not only do I have examples of "great" people in my life who inspire my faith and strength to grow and withstand anything...I also know that even my current smaller versions of these trials can define me by how I handle them and they can help me reach the potential my Father in Heaven sees in me...OR I can let them tear me down)

Last, these are the beautiful friends I was lucky enough to have accompany me. I am very grateful for good friends in my life and friends that share my same values and beliefs. I know that one day if we move out of state for Erik's school that friends like that will be hard to find and I don't ever want to forget how blessed I am to be able to surround myself with people that share my values.


No comments:

Post a Comment