Friday, June 29, 2012

Week 21-On Friends

I've always tried to be the kind of friend that goes out of their way to express my friendship. A thoughtful card, gift, remembering key events, dinners...an invitation out or offering to babysit kids to allow a friend some alone time. Friendship has meant a lot of me over the years. Mostly because I treasure the friendships I have and hold on to them so dearly. And because of that, the loss or growing apart of a friend tends to hurt me pretty deep. I dwell on it. I stew about things I should've done differently and ways to repair it. Sometimes even when we have the best intentions at heart, things can still go wrong and people can grow apart.

My Savior has really helped me through this. And even though I'm still healing and have my hard days, I am so grateful that He has shown up in new ways for me. He has been the friend that I needed. His example and His love for me has strengthened me. Trying to be the kind of friend that He was and is to others has helped my broken heart to grow in new places. I'm far from where I want and need to be...but there's so much comfort in knowing that we're never left alone. We are so lucky that when we feel alone, we can always turn to Him and he'll catch us and comfort us.

I think what has helped me the most is knowing that friendships are something that happen when the more important parts of your life are in harmony. Family comes first. If you have and treasure your family, it doesn't matter if you have any friends at all! Strengthening your relationship with your family will make you grateful for the people Heavenly Father has given us. They are suppose to be the most important people He has picked and chosen for us. To stick with us for life. Everyone that comes after that is merely a blessing and a bonus. I've learned that if we focus on and strengthen our families along with strengthening our relationship with God, and live our lives as diligently as possible...the right people will come to us.

Right now for me personally, these quotes are what I'm striving to live. Because I know that letting go of things I can't change, will make room for the uplifting and inspiring people all around me.


No comments:

Post a Comment