This is the title of a book that is very dear to our hearts in my home. After picking this book up by Emily Freeman, I immediately fell in love.
The content is inspiring.
The messages are uplifting.
The illustrations are breathtaking.
And the transformation experienced is priceless.
Basically, this book takes you through a 21 day journey to becoming closer to Christ. You can choose to read every day, every few days, or once a week. Whatever works for you. But the "days" are designed to be short and sweet with a specific focus for each day.
After going through a couple weeks of reading this book, I decided that it was a journey that I wanted to take with my husband. I knew that starting our mornings off with 10 minutes of learning more and discussing the Savior would bring us closer together.
And it did.
I have learned so much from this book and in studying our Savior each morning and mapping out my day with detailed intentions to follow the Savior, my heart has grown closer to living His ways and seeing things through His eyes. So many days I have looked forward to my time with this book. The messages, stories, scriptures and quotes have given me just what I need to start my day off in the right direction. And my husband and I have felt molded together in our journey.
I chose to keep a journal as a companion to my book and it has been so wonderful to be able to look back at the things I've written. Sometimes it's all the daily reminder I need.
If you're looking for a new read, I HIGHLY recommend this book. Especially since you can just go at your own pace and read just 10 minutes at a time. I'm already on my 3rd time reading it.
Here's one passage I love. Although it's impossible to pick a favorite.
"Each of us has been given the opportunity to run the race of life. We are given two guidelines as we run the race - to run with patience and to look to Christ. Running with patience suggests rhythm, pacing yourself, and being able to endure. Looking to Jesus helps us understand we weren't sent to run the race alone. He is given two names as our race partner. The Author and the Finisher. The Author suggests one with authority, who helps us align our course, someone who knows every step of the race and who can encourage us through the journey. The Finisher suggests one who completes and perfects. If we choose to let Him, He will assure that we run the race correctly and that we will be able to reach the finish line. This name is one of comfort. He promises victory. He will sustain us, even carry us if need be. He is the Finisher."
A scripture that truly sums up the the goals our family has in mind by reading this book can be found in 2 Nephi 25:26,
"We talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ...that our children may know to what source they may look."

No comments:
Post a Comment