But to sum up, I fell short of our Father's expectations a few years ago. I lost sight of the most important things because of hurt and fear. And about a year and a half ago I realized just how blinded and selfish I'd been and how I'd allowed Satan into a part of my life very gradually, and it wasn't the person I wanted to be. Nor the person my husband and family deserved and needed. I wanted to be a better person. For myself and for everyone around me. So I made the changes necessary to be on the path I wanted. I took advantage of the mercy and comfort the Atonement has to offer us.
This journey hasn't always been an easy one. But because of the Lord, it's easier than I feared. Only because everything feels right when you're on the right path. And He's there to help make the burdens lighter when you're willing to do your part. I know that you can find peace again, because I have. The Atonement, Sincerity and Godly sorrow run so deep that they can change you. Make you better. In a world where people say it's impossible to do so. The Lord is the reason for this blog and it's because of my relationship with Him that I've come this far.
This is a quote that gave me courage, and continues to give me courage. It got me where I am today. I am a work in progress, but I know that I am where I'm suppose to be. I am who my Heavenly Father wants me to be. And I want to share it because I know it will inspire faith in others.
"God doesn't care nearly as much about where you have been as He does about where you are. And, with His help, where you are willing to go.
Everything in the gospel teaches us that we can change if we need to, that we can be helped if we truly want it, that we can be made whole, whatever the problems of the past."
~Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
"
No comments:
Post a Comment