Thursday, March 8, 2012

Week 11 - Letting Go

I've had an unexpectedly tough week. And I don't quite know how to journal what I've been going through without getting too personal so I'll do my best.

It's not to be taken lightly when it's said that Satan can try to bring you down when you're trying your hardest, when you've changed the most. When you're at your best.

"If for a while the harder you try, the harder it gets, take heart. So it has been with the best people who ever lived."

I really try to find comfort in that. But some days it's not enough. Lately, I've faced losses in my life. Some friends. Friends that were there when the sun was shining but disappeared during the storm. I can understand why, especially when I never got a chance to share with them what I've really gone through, battled with, or the suffering I harbored inside for so long. But I'm the kind of person that allows that kind of loss get to me. It hurts. And I've let it tear me up inside. Feeling betrayed and violated through my most personal trials. Crying that it's unfair and that I've been wronged, when really none of that matters. Knowing that this is going to make me stronger in the end. 

After much time on my knees, the Lord has helped me see that the only way to continue on my path and find peace is to just let go. One of the hardest things for me. Letting go. In order to do this, I have to talk to myself, convince myself that friends are not always with you forever. Some come and go, but the good ones stay forever...through your lows and your highs. And they are there to lift you up when you have fallen. They are there to help you and provide love and support when your life needs redirection. The one solid thing to put my faith and priority in is my Savior and my Eternal family. Those are the things worth getting downhearted over. I know that my husband and my Savior are my best friends, and I can turn to them to make up the pains in my life.

It's not easy for me to let go. But I know that with sincere prayer and time...my life will include the people that need to be in it. People that will inspire me and see me for who I truly am. An imperfect daughter of God, striving to stay on the correct path.

This video is one of my favorites. And this last week it has helped me find the peace I've needed to remind me what things are important and to let go of the things that aren't necessary because you can find that peace with God.

I've been looking forward to attending Time Out For Women for months now and next week my friends and I are taking a road trip to Idaho Falls for it. I am truly counting down the days. I'm really in need of lifting up right now and redirecting my thoughts. I can't wait to blog about my experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment